[SECC] K4EA ARRL DX CW

Subject: [SECC] K4EA ARRL DX CW
From: k4ea at contesting.com (Neal Sulmeyer)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:12:41 -0500
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4EA
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: SOAB HP ASSISTED
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 38 hrs

Band     Qs    Pts   Cty
1.8      98    285    56
3.5     196    588    75
7       398   1149    94
14      467   1401    89
21      589   1767   101
28      46     138    29
Total  1791   5373   444
Score:  2,385,612

The European signals on 160 and 80 were great!  Many were S9 plus.  The
biggest frustration I had, was trying to work Caribbean/South America
and Asia stations off the sides of the 20M wire beam (pointed NE).  This
hurt the multiplier count on 20.  When I got on 15M Saturday morning,
the line noise was so bad I went back to 20.  The noise finally calmed
down several hours later, but I had lost the early propagation into
Russia and west Asia.  I had a good run into JA but no SE Asia.  Sunday,
the rain had reduced the noise and I was able to run on 15 reasonably
well.  10M perked up and even managed a couple of Africa and Oceana
stations.  I did manage NL7Z on scatter with the antenna over the
pacific.