[SECC] WPX SSB NJ8J SOAB LP

Subject: [SECC] WPX SSB NJ8J SOAB LP
From: nj8j at arrl.net (Ben Coleman)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:11:34 -0500

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: SO(TS)AB LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.2

- ------------
  160:
   80:   39
   40:   12
   20:   12
   15:   64
   10:    4
- ------------

Antennas:
110' Off-center fed wire  (80, 40, 20), partly on the ground
Antron A99 Vertical (15, 10)

Equipment
Alinco DX-77T

My first turn back at contesting after my brother AA4LR arranged to have my HF
rig repaired as a birthday present (thanks, bro, you have great taste in
thoughtful gifts!).  It feels good to be back on the air.  The off-center-fed
wire is partly on the ground as the support for one end (a neighbor's tree)
came down.  I need to get it restrung before GQP.

I managed to grab some operating time Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and
Sunday afternoon.  It was good to see 15 and 10 improve over the weekend, as
with the low band antenna partly on the ground, I don't have much of a signal
on 80-20 (not to mention that on 80-20 I'm getting RF into the computer
keyboard, which causes hassles with logging).

Ben
- --
Ben Coleman nj8j at arrl.net
 "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
                                            Paul Tomblin