[SECC] monster yagi

Subject: [SECC] monster yagi
From: nq4i at contesting.com (Rick Dougherty)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:28:10 -0400
I hate to toot my own horn, but sometimes one must....I am in the process of
assembling a monster yagi for 15m ...it is a 9 el yagi on a 66 ft boom...it
will be installed on the big tower at the 155 ft level...it produces 18.6 dbi
worth of gain( per YO) and 32--35 db f/b across the band....it will have the
capability of being phased with the current 5/5 stack,,,thanks to W4DD and his
re-designed RCS-8 switch box there will be 10 possible combinations with 9
elements at 155 ft, 5 el at 125 ft, 5 el at 85 ft , and 5 el at 45 ft....the
net gain is slightly more than 4 dbi MORE than we currently have on 15m...the
new Monster yagi will be a band opener and a band closer...and when its phased
with the other 15 m antennas it will give us some considerable gain toward JA
and EU....Jeff and I have been searching for additional ways to make our signal
more competitive on 15m and 4 dbi additional gain is certainly worth working
towards.....this will require new pahsing lines for all antennas, and I will be
getting the new DXEngineering 5 KW Baluns for the feed points....better than
the old wireman special baluns....it is my goal with these antenna improvements
to make our 15m station one to set the standard for 15m contesting in the next
couple of years..."end of horn tooting"
de Rick nq4i