[SECC] Florida QSO Party

Subject: [SECC] Florida QSO Party
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 9:45:32 -0400
  I encourage all SECC members to take some time to operate in the Florida QSO
Party this weekend.
With the reduced sunspot numbers the activity might switch down to 40 meters,
which will be perfect
for our location. During normal condx most of the activity during the day in
the FQP is on 20 meters and up. If you look at the last two weekends -  GQP and
MQP - 15 and 10 meters have been pretty much useless. Here is a tip for
everyone. Check 20 meters just before sunset - maybe between 2100-2300Z. I have
noticed we regularly have some short skip to Fla. During the GQP I worked some
stations who were using simple antennas and had very big signals around that
time period. I bet this occurs opening occurs north of me as well...

Let's give the rover stations a reason to QSY to 40 meters during the day by
providing them some
QSO's.

73, Jeff