[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, CQ VHF Contest

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, CQ VHF Contest
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:43:37 -0400
IC736, 100 watts, 4 el quad at about 15 feet, TH6DXX at 50 feet.  The
tribander outplayed the quad near the ground in most (but not all)
instances.  I got about 15 new VUCC grids on 6M.  A lot of VE2 and VE3
stations, XE3ARV, FM5JC, P43JB, YV1DIG, 9Z4BM, CO8LY.  One station in
Washington state (K7CW). Four new DXCC countries on 6M.  Am sure the
guys with big stations had a real ball on 6M.  Hope 2M was OK too.  I
heard and called K4EA, but Neal didn't hear me.  I heard W4GCB with a
good signal, but he never called me and I never heard a CQ from him.
Did work an EM90 grid square station for the first time.  Worked a few
other EM72 stations, including K4KJZ and a rover, who said he was having
a blast and was on US431 north of Eufaula.  We have a few more weeks of
possible Sporatic E openings on 6M.  Hope to work some of you there.
73, John, K4BAI.

                     CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI