[SECC] SEDCO and TenTEc Hamfest

Subject: [SECC] SEDCO and TenTEc Hamfest
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:42:27 -0000
Here are two reposts of Bob's, K4UEE, regarding a great event.  I plan
on going....
Hal, N4GG

 To all SEDXC and SECC members,

       I was privileged to attend the inaugural meeting of SEDCO last
September and found it to be one of the most interesting and fun
get-togethers of the
year.  The mix of DXing and Contesting is a wonderful idea and I highly
recommend you consider attending this year's event!
      You will see a lot of old friends from around the South and meet
some
new ones too! Hope to see you there!

73, Bob
K4UEE

SouthEastern DX & Contesting Organization
K B 4 C
Organized to promote fellowship, education and entertainment for DXing
and
Contesting
SEDCO II 2006
The second gathering of DXers and Contesters in the Southeast, featuring
the
finest speakers, will be
held at the MainStay Suites and Conference Center, Pigeon Forge, TN in
conjunction with the Ten-Tec Hamfest
on Sept 30, 2006 at 1:30PM, www.SEDCO.Homestead.com. Major sponsors are
DX
Publishing, http://www.
dxpub.com, Carolina DX Association, http://www.cdxa.org/ and Ten-Tec
http://radio.tentec.com.
Current lineup of speakers (with more to be added):
Bob, K4UEE, co-leader of Peter One DXpedition 2006 telling the story and

adding some surprises too.
Wonder where he?s going next???
Dave, K4SV, of CE?Z telling us an incredible story with sidebars. Dave
is a
wonderful DXpeditioner,
Elmer and speaker. This is a must.
Rick, NQ4I, on his super contest station and some VERY interesting
stories! Joe, AA4NN, telling us about his VU4 Andaman trip. Joe is
sponsored by the
great DX operators of the
Carolina DX Association who have taken a leadership role in SEDCO II
2006.
Come out and meet some of the
very best DX operators in the world from CDXA.
The W1AW/4 saga by the Tennessee Contest Group in the recent IARU
contest.
The logistics for a
state wide operation was monumental and unbelievable.
Joe, W8GEX, will be telling the story of CY?AA and Montenegro, 4O6DX.
This is
worth the trip to
Pigeon Forge. They have a stateside QSL mgr too, K8LEE!
There is another program from a giant contest leader in this country,
but the
final word is being worked
out, so it remains a surprise until later. Every contester NEEDS to hear
this
?winner?.
Gary, K4MQG, and Don, W4TO, will again be checking cards for DXCC.
Tickets for the convention ($25) and buffet dinner by Damon?s ($20) are
available separately through
Ten-Tec: http://radio.tentec.com/Hamfest. Phone 1-865-453-7172 or
1-800-833-7373.
MainStay Suites is offering a special rate of $85 per night, and suites
are
blocked until Sept 15th for
SEDCO and Ten-Tec at 1-865-428-8350. Remember to say SEDCO when you call
for
reservations. There is a
continental breakfast and high speed internet service is available. Free

snacks/drinks will be available during the
convention, and the dinner is on site.
The dinner tickets being separate, the ladies (or OM!) may join in and
no
convention ticket is required.
Nice prizes will be given during dinner, and attendance is not required
win. Other surprises too!
Questions and comments are welcome at our Email address:
W4NL at Charter.net or W4UWC at Comcast.net, or sign the guest book on our
website. See you on Sept
29/30 at Ten-Tec and
SEDCO II 2006 .