[SECC] K9AY SPDC

Subject: [SECC] K9AY SPDC
From: k9ay at k9ay.com (K9AY)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:22:31 -0600
K9AY SPDC -- Hi Pwr

310 QSOs -- 1268 Pts

Operating time -- ~7 hr

I knew my Stew Perry effort would be part time, since we had a lot of family
visiting over the holidays, with the last ones leaving today.  Dinner plans
kept me away from the radio during prime evening hours.

Did an hour of DX-chasing and other S&P from 2300 to 0000 -- there was a
decent post-sunset enhancement to Europe, and I was pleased to work some who
were otherwise CQing with no takers.  A couple could not hear me despite
having good sigs -- I don't feel bad, 'cause they didn't hear W4ZV calling,
either!  Managed to operate a 4-hr stretch through EU sunrise and another 2
hours before sunrise.

A nice assortment of DX -- CU2, G, GM, GI, DL, LY, OZ, F, TF, OH, SM, CE,
YV, JA, UA2, P4, PJ2, KP2, KP4, KH6. There were others that I couldn't quite
pull out, particularly JAs and a 6K1. Multiple Qs from OH, SM, GM and KH6
but only two JAs.  Missed VK and ZL -- guess I need better NW and SW RX
antennas before CQWW 160!

Station:

(2) IC-765 -- dual RX with RAS-8x2 switchbox
Alpha 99
Inverted-L -- 55' vert, 80' horiz, 26 x 100' radials
K9AY Loop
3 Beverages -- 550' NE, 330' SE, 330' W

Thanks for the Qs!

73, Gary