[SECC] Announcement, Mid Atlantic QSO Party

Subject: [SECC] Announcement, Mid Atlantic QSO Party
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:09:32 -0500
ANNOUNCING THE FOURTH ANNUAL MID-ATLANTIC QSO PARTY

The fourth annual Mid-Atlantic QSO Party (MAQP) will run from  Saturday
May 12, 2007 at 1600 UTC until Sunday May 13, 2007 at 0400  UTC. The
MAQP is a an old-fashioned QSO Party focused on Delaware,  Maryland, New
Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia  and Washington
DC, but we encourage participants from around the  world. Activity will
be on all non-WARC amateur HF bands from 160 to  10 meters, plus the 6,
2, 1.25, and .7 meters bands, all modes.

This year?s event has been shortened to 12 hours after much comment
from participants, and we have moved it away from Mother?s Day for  the
first time. We hope these changes encourage participation in the
original spirit of  a competitive challenge that anyone can enjoy.  All
stations are welcome ?  single, multi, clubs, mobile, QRP ?  as  long as
your power is limited to 200 watts.

The committee awards plaques and certificates for Top Score by  category
in each Mid-Atlantic state, and Top Score outside the  region, Top Score
DX, and Top Score VE, among others. Most popular  contest logging
software includes the MAQP. Visit the MAQP website at  http://maqp.info
for more details, rules, maps, submittal forms, etc.  And please join
our news reflector at http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/
listinfo/mid-atlantic_qso_party.

If you, your group, or club would like to sponsor a plaque, please
contact us as soon as possible while there are still some opportunities!

73,

Walter O?Brien, W2WJO
The Mid-Atlantic QSO Party Committee

?   30   ?