[SECC] SECC Circle Proposal

Subject: [SECC] SECC Circle Proposal
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 21:04:55 -0400
I don't have a mapping program but I do have Google Earth. I played around with
the measuring tool and found a good location that might
work for us. The center would be near the county line of southwest Burke County
and northwest Jenkins County, GA.  Closest town is Birdsville, GA

I bet no one has ever explored the circle being in this part of GA. If you draw
a line from Columbus, GA  (K4BAI) to Pawley Island, SC (K2SX) it is exactly 350
miles (1/2 of 175 miles)

Using this center the club circle would cover most of GA except the extreme
Northwest (up to Bartow County) and Southwest parts of the state. It would also
cover most of South Carolina. The following big cities would be within our
circle : Jacksonville, FL , Charlotte, NC (just south) and Savannah, GA. The
250 mile CQ circle looks even better. Plus I don't think we would lose any of
our current members excpt those in Al.

Here are some distances for current members of SECC :

K4BAI - Columbus                 175. miles
W4OC- Boiling Springs, SC    150.09 miles
AA4GA - Cornelia, GA           139 miles
N4GG - Woodstock, GA        163.5 miles
W4BQF - Hahira,GA              150 miles
KF4GTA - Valdosta, GA         157 miles
K4EA - Canton, GA               167 miles
KT4ZB - Savannah, GA           81 miles
WY4N - Bamburg, SC             61 miles

Potential New Members

(Contesters active in SC found in ARRL contest results)

K2SX - Pawley Island , SC         175 miles
K3AN - Salem, SC                     146 miles
WA8OJR -  Spartenburg, SC      142 miles
AA4V - Isle of Palms, SC           135 miles
K4DLJ - Darlington, SC              162 miles
W0AH (now K4LY)  Inman, SC   150 miles
K4CNW Irmo, SC                       98 miles

Jeff KU8E