[SECC] First Prize in GA QSO Party

Subject: [SECC] First Prize in GA QSO Party
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:45:01 -0400
Michael Condon wrote:

> Gordon,
> Ya scared me with that opening line....  "Houston...."
>
>  I could suggest "Boled Peanuts" as a substitute... perhaps not, soggy
> mail.
>
> Vidalias would be a good prize.  I can put a change/note up when you
> get it worked out.
>
> I didn't hear on the certs.  (or did I miss it)  Do you want to make
> up a special one for the bonus prizes, or go with what I have?
> Next year we certainly have to do a revamp of all the web, cert, and
> plaque designs for "50th".
>
> All of Tommy's plaques are shipped!
>
> When I get a bit of time, I am going to check the log count for many
> of the QSO parties, to see where we rank for participation.
> We do not have the population base of many states, but I think we are
> doing very well.
>
> Let me know on the certs, I am about to print my big run.
>
> Mike
>

> Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.
> Be well,
> Thanks

Before we get too excited about next year being the fiftieth anniversary
of the first GQP, let me clear it up.  Next year is the 50th anniversary
of the SEDXC, one of the sponsors of GQP.  I don't know the exact year
right now, but will check with W6OAT and get back to the reflector on
the first GQP.   I am almost positive it was in the mid 1960s.  What I
suggested was that the SEDXC make participation in the GQP a part of its
celebration of its 50th year and that they could considering signing /50
in the GQP (and maybe all year too) and maybe there could be a special
award for  working a certain number of SEDXC members in the 2008 GQP or
for working the most or something like that.  They are to consider how
to celebrate the 50th of SEDXC at the meeting next week.  73, John, K4BAI.