[SECC] (no subject)

Subject: [SECC] (no subject)
From: wjs073 at bellsouth.net (wjs073 at bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 19:29:37 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K3AN
Operator(s): K3AN
Station: K3AN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 9.25

Total:  QSOs = 408  Sections = 61  Countries = 8  Total Score = 57960

This was my first halfway serious effort in the ARRL-160, and the first time
I have submitted a log. Having just a quarter-wave inverted L with three 50'
radials, I didn't expect to do very well. I was surprised that the vast majority
of calls I made while S&P resulted in the station coming back on the first
call, with very few needing me to repeat my call. I also had a few, mostly
brief, runs. But what a shock when a California station came back to my CQ.

My 3830 posting shows 8.5 hours, but in reviewing the log, I realized I
forgot a Sunday afternoon session of 45 minutes or so. 9.25 hours is
the right number. I did not work past midnight either night.

Next year I plan to put in a lot more time.