[SECC] GQP Info..

Subject: [SECC] GQP Info..
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:47:39 -0800 (PST)
Have you wondered which QSO Parties have the most "Participation"?

The list below is a "rough" estimate.
I picked the numbers off each party's web site.
Some counting was necessary so please forgive any errors.
Also some states results were 2007 and some were 2006, I used what was
available.
GQP is in the top ten...."roughly".
NEQP is New England Party, and includes several states.
7QP also includes many western states.

In doing this survey, I found the thing that made the difference was the number
of INSTATE logs entered.
Lee's (WI4R) work to bring the GA clubs into the party will pay off big.

State             ---        #Logs
FL      ---     755
CA      ---     660
PA      ---     466
VA      ---     351
NEQP    ---     271
7QP     ---     269
WI      ---     263
MI      ---     256
GA      --      250
TX      ---     230
CO      ---     221
OK      ---     221
IL      ---     215
OH      ---     204
MN      ---     177
WA      ---     176
TN      ---     138
NC      ---     120
AL      ---     118
IN      ---     110
MD      ---      99
MID ATL QP --     81
WV      ---      63
MO      ---      52
NH       ---     46
NE      ---      41
DE       ---     34
SC      ---      30
KY      ---      29
LA      ---      23
CT        ---     0
AZ        ---     0

A measure of "Activity" is the number of QSO's in each event, and I have not
pulled that info together.

I think this qualifies as a good ol' "Factoid".

FYI,
Mike, NE4S

Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.
GQP 2008 is April 12/13, see gqp.contesting.com !
Be well

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs