[SECC] GQP

Subject: [SECC] GQP
From: nq4i at contesting.com (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 07:46:49 -0400
Hi Gal's and Guy's....it's only a few weekends away to the GQP....some of us
have been looking forward to this event for a greater part of the year...I
know that I am really getting excited and ready myself...

"on this day in history in  * 1965 * Gemini 3 launched, 1st US 2-man space
flight (Grissom & Young) and prominent Ga contestor's K4BAI, K4TBN (now
K4PI), K4FRM (now K4GK), WA4ARV (now NQ4I),W4YWX (now N4PN)  and other's to
be revealed later, were in preparation for the Georgia QSO Party...it was a
fun filled weekend with qso's to be made with stations all over the US and
the World....

Now's time to start your planning for the GQP...make some memories in the
GQP...meet friends from all over the US and the World on ssb , cw, and
rtty....

KU8E has rover and fixed station routes and announcements...if you need a
place to operate, there will be others who will be willing to open up their
station ...our local club will be airing the call sign K4HYB which is the
call sign of the late Charles E Newton of Griffin...this call sign has been
dormant from contesting  since the mid to late 60's...I used it a number of
times then in ARRL DX contests way back then...it was used by the Griffin
Radio club in the 60's for Field Day operations ....some of the op's from
Griffin are still active today on the bands...

I would like for those of you to post your proposed operation on our
reflector...lets get things motivated and energetic for our GQP!!!

Lets get the reflector humming with our activity plans...de Rick