[SECC] K4BAI Thursday Night 40M CW Fox

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Thursday Night 40M CW Fox
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:31:07 -0400
Hello all:

I will be the other Fox (with K2QO) tomorrow (Thursday)night in the 40M
Fox Hunt.  0100-0230 UTC Friday.  Please look for us between 7030 and
7050.  I will be using a FT1000MP at 5 watts as measured on a WM-2 QRP
Wattmeter.  The antennas will be an 88' center fed zepp at 40' up
pointing east and west and a 40 meter half wave dipole at 40' up
pointing north and south.  I will switch between antennas to pick up all
directions.  I will start favoring the north in the hope of working some
east coast stations before the skip goes long.  Don't give up if you
can't hear me, as the skip has been known to shorten up as the hunt goes
on.  I will start off listening up from my transmit frequency about 1
hKz and will indicate that by sending "UP."  After the callers drop in
number, I will then listen on my own frequency and will no longer
indicate "UP."  I will have full QSK and will acknowledge each caller
again after copying information.  If you are not sure of the QSL, don't
hesitate to call again and I will tell you if I already have you in the
log.  Hope conditions will be good and everyone will have fun. The
exchange, of course, is RST, SPC, Name, Power and only stations running
5 watts or less count.  73/72, John, K4BAI.