[SECC] Use of packet during contest

Subject: [SECC] Use of packet during contest
From: wi4r at comcast.net (James Lee Weaver)
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 12:22:51 -0400
I previously responded to Mark's email but I thought Jeff's email deserved a
response as well. As an educator I have always been fond of analogies that
students can easily relate to. I know not to end a sentence with a
preposition but I am human. This packet question reminds me of the potato
chip commercial that states, "Betcha can't eat just one." If one has ever
eaten a salty potato chip, one will have a difficult time not reaching for
another, then another, then another, ad infinitum. When a single operator is
CQ'ing into empty ether and a band scan yields little activity, some single
operators may be tempted to reach for the potato chip bag, if a potato chip
bag is close at hand. We need to find a little humor in the worst of
situations. 73 de lee

"From The Pit Of The Peach State"
James "Lee" Weaver
mailto:wi4r at comcast.net