[SECC] June VHF Contest

Subject: [SECC] June VHF Contest
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:29:22 -0400
Sounds like VHF party was jumping at least part of the time.  I remember
using my 40 meter beam one year and working 304 Q's on 6.  I got a 4 el beam
for the next year and struggled to make 200 Q's.  I did work one European
(EB7).

I don't have any 6 meter transmit gear right now but do have the 4 el Comet
and a rebuilt 5 el from the 6 el Cushcraft from W4WA.  I want to put St.
Simons on the air (maybe next year) as the grid square is very rare.  K7BV
told me it was the last he needed on the East Coast.

There is a SMIRK contest (just 6 meters) coming up and the CQ WW VHF in July
so there are more chances to test the VHF waters in the next month.

Dave K4JRB