[SECC] CQWW SSB TI1R M/2 HP

Subject: [SECC] CQWW SSB TI1R M/2 HP
From: w4bw at w4bw.net (Bob Wilson)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:43:59 -0400
John

I wasn't going to post our results to the reflector, as only 4 of our 7 ops are
SECC members, but at your request, I'm glad to share our meager M/2 results.  I
just posted our results to 3830 yesterday afternoon from the San Jose airport
while we waited in the gate for our flight back to Atlanta.  And I've still got
to update my Country file so TO8Z will score properly and give credit for that
mult.  But, as always, it was a great time with our friends in Costa Rica, with
some good runs, and some challenges too.  As always the food and friendships
make the trip very worthwhile for us, plus bringing some good coffee back is a
nice bonus.

This was the first time we've had an effective receive antenna, thanks to Hal's
SEDXC presentation.  I've now built one for the house, and a more portable
version we took south.  For our first time ever in TI, we were able to hear
Europeans on 160m, so we logged many Q's and mults we would have missed
otherwise.  Thanks much Hal.

I was glad to work or see many familiar SECC calls in our log.  Thanks to all
for the Q's.  I know we got Brian at K4SSU on 5 bands, but missed him on 10m.
All of our 10m Q's were at our latitude or south with no US QSO's.  We are
certainly all looking for better conditions.  As has been stated many places,
20m was a Zoo.

Bob Wilson - W4BW

    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TI1R
Operator(s): TI2KAC TI2JCY TI4ZM W4BW W4XO W4KTR K4UN
Station: TI1R

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 48