[SECC] ARRL 160 N4GG M/S HP

Subject: [SECC] ARRL 160 N4GG M/S HP
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 11:49:26 -0500
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 834  Sections = 71  Countries = 17  Total Score = 152,328

This one was a lot of fun as the local noise was down (for a change) and
there was nil QRN the
first night and not much the second.  Casual effort - spent way too much
time
in bed to run up a score.  EU was not as strong as its been - but was
workable
and several called me, which is always a highlight given the modest antenna.
Stations were available right up to the end - suprising what you can work in
broad daylight when there is activity.  W stations in the DX window make
this
mostly a QSO party unfortunately - not sure what can be done about that.
The
usualy packett cheaters were around, (including a persistent SECC member) -
when you operate assisted as I do most of the time you get to know who the
"unassisted" guys are who are always right there with you in the packett
pileups.    Hopefuly improving log checking
techniques will cause some DQs.  This contest provides a great excuse to
avoid
Xmas shoping on a weekend.
75 ft vertical with double tee on TX, K9AY on RX, FT1KMP+Inrad, ACOM 2000A,
Writelog, second rx
M/S= N4GG+Packett