[SECC] CQ160 W4IX SOLP

Subject: [SECC] CQ160 W4IX SOLP
From: jrcccd at aol.com (jrcccd at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:20:59 EST
CQ  160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station:  W4IX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs):  30

Total:  QSOs = 882  State/Prov = 57   Countries = 54  Total Score = 308,136

Club: South East Contest  Club

Comments:

Another great contest. I don't know why I had such  a hard time getting
through
to the European stations, they were in here from  2200z till 0900z but it
seemed
I cud only work them around 0500z or  later..spent way too much time calling
tjhose guys, they were extremely loud  here but did not hear me. I know my
antenna needs work, it was hastily put  up, just a simple Inv. L with vertical
section at 40 feet. I put up a short  beverage in the woods that was supposed
be favored to the NW direction,  but it worked for Europe better than the NW
direction and was way better than  the Tx antenna, maybe my resistor is bad??
Lows: Signal too weak in pileups:  Missed HK,6W,EL2,ZY7,YV,VK,JA,UA,UY,E7
Highs : For the first time on 160, 3  KL7's ( AL2F called me early Sunday
morning, 2 KH6's, T77C ( I dont know how  he hrd me through the super QRM
around
1830 khz ) and still unbelievable,  having RK0CWA call me high in the band at
1232Z well after sunrise. Cant wait  to join the QRO ranks..hi 73's and tnx
fer
all the Q's. ( still reading all  the great 3830 reports..amazing results )

Posted using 3830 Score  Submittal Forms at:
http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score