[SECC] PJ4G Contest Station Available for ARRL DX CW This Year

Subject: [SECC] PJ4G Contest Station Available for ARRL DX CW This Year
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (Jeff Clarke)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 00:31:22 -0500
  After talking to K4BAI at lunch on Wednesday I understand the contest station
on Bonaire is still available for ARRL DX CW in a couple weeks.

  I sure wish I could go but the budget only allows for the one trip for CQWW
DX CW every year. This is a great opportunity for someone to operate at a first
class contest station and who is looking for something at the last minute. All
the antennas, a good radio and amp (FT1000MP MKV and AL1200) are in place. All
you really need to do is roll out the 160 meter USA beverage, which is maybe a
couple hours work and you are ready to go. See
http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=330&groupID=352456&folderview=&ck= for
some pictures of the station.

I just checked today and you could fly to Bonaire from ATL for about $550 RT.
The fare on AA/Delta/Airtran from ATL/MIA is $147. You could then connect to
Insel Air (http://www.fly-inselair.com/contactus.htm) which is around $400 RT
from MIA/BON. You can also fly AA from ATL-Curacao and take a
puddle jumper over to Bonaire.

Feel free to email with any questions. Noah, K2NG, would really like to rent
out the station for this contest.

Jeff  KU8E

P.S. I will be flying up to Ohio for ARRL DX CW for a reunion with my friends
at W8AV. I was a regular at Goose's for ARRL DX and CQWW DX CW for many years
       before moving to Georgia.