[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:56:25 -0400
Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests:

1.  ARRL Field Day
Call   CW Q Ph Q Dig Q  Score  Category  Time  State  Club
W4ATD  1443 1700   0    9,822* 2A LP?    24?   AL           K4SAV an op
W4AN   1104  239  39    4,894* 4A LP     23:52 AL           Ops:
Included K4BAI, K4EOR, K1DW, W2YO, K4BLL, KI4RCA, WB4GLJ, N4DVZ, many
others.
W4IX    808  266   0    3,764  1D LP     24    SC     SECC
N4PN    328  932   0    3,176  1E LP     12    GA     SECC
K4OD     822  45   0      418  1E QRP    24    GA     SECC
AA4LR     58  18   0      268  1E LP      2.5  GA     SECC

*plus bonus points

Obviously, there were many other FD and home stations QRV in FD, but
these are the only reports that I have been able to find so far.

2.  NCCC Sprint Practice, 6/26/09
W4NZ   51  35  1,938  SOLP  0.5  TN  TCG
W4OC   52  34  1,768  SOLP  0.5  SC  SECC
K4BAI  44  35  1,540  SOLP  0.5  GA  SECC
W4IX   35  23    805  SOLP  0.5  SC  SECC

This week's contests:

1.  SNS Slow Speed NA Sprint Practice. Thursday night local.  0200-0215
UTC Friday.  20, 40, 80M CW.  100W maximum.  23 WPM maximum.  Dupes OK
after band change or one intervening QSO.  One kHz QSY rule.  Exchange:
  both calls, #, name, SPC.

2.  NCCC NA Sprint Practice.  Thursday night local.  0230-0259 UTC
Friday.  20, 40, 80M CW.  100W maximum.  One kHz QSY rule.  No same band
dupes permitted this week.  Exchange:  both calls, #, name, SPC.

3.  Venezeuelan Independence Day Contest.  48 hours of Sat and Sun UTC.
  160-10M, CW/SSB,  Exchange:  RS(T) + serial #.  Work everyone, not
just YV stations.

4.  Work LightHouses on the Air (WLOTA) Contest.  06Z Sat to 12Z Sun.
80-10M, CW, SSB, Digital.  Exchange:  RS(T) + QSO# + light house
reference # if you have one.  Work everyone.

5.  DL-DX RTTY Contest.  11Z Sat to 1059Z Sun.  80-10M, RTTY, PSK31,
PSK63.  Exchange:  RST + QSO #.

6.  Original QRP Contest.  15Z Sat to 15Z Sun. (maximum:  15 hours).
80, 40, 20M CW.  Maximum power 20W.  Exchange:  RST + Serial # + power
category (VLP, QRP, MP).  This is sponsored in Europe and most of the
activtiy is there.  Watch around 14060 when the band is open to Europe.
  Theoretically 7030 also.

7.  Michigan QRP Club July 4th Sprint.  23Z Sat to 03Z Sun.  160-6M CW.
  Exchange:  RST + SPC + MiQRP member # or power.  The last one (on
Memorial Day) had a good turn out and I think activity is picking up
again in this holiday series.

8.  July Adventure Radio Society Spartan Sprint.   Monday night local,
01-03Z Tuesday.  80-10M CW.  Maximum power 5 watts.  Exchange:  RST +
SPC + power.

9.  QRP 20M Summer Fox Hunt.  Tuesday night local.  0100-0230Z
Wednesday.  5W maximum. Two Foxes will be hiding out between 14050 and
14070 kHz.  Work only the two foxes.  Exchange:  RST, SPC, name, power.
  I will be one of the foxes the next Tuesday night.  Last night was the
first in the summer series.  There was a lot of local activity (K4BAI,
WA4ILO, K4PIC, K4TJD at least appeared in the Fox logs).  It was
possible to work almost everywhere in North America with 5W QRP during
the 90 minute period last night.  Very little skip zone and signals were
generally good.

The RAC Canada Day contest is being held right now and until 24Z tonight
(Wednesday).  If you have time, drop in and give your RS(T) and serial #
exchange.  You can work everyone, not just Canadians.  But Canadians
send their RS(T) plus province, as provinces in Canada are the multipliers.

Hope everyone has a nice week and weekend.  Don't forget to check 6M
frequently.  I caught part of an opening last Thursday and worked my
first Belgium (ON4IQ) and first British Columbia (VE7CC). My triband
beam isn't rotating at the moment (and is pointed at Miami!) and my
antenna tuners are broken, so I can't run much more than 5 watts through
one of them into my zepp.  Jeff, KU8E, is working on a control cable
connector for a new rotator control box and possibly on repairing a
pretty new antenna tuner so I can get back to full swing SO1R.  I still
need some repairs to my Alpha and we are aiming at getting back to SO2R
by the fall contest season, even though the band pass filters probably
will not be switchable. I will be using single band band pass filters
for the time being.  The removal of the sick and interfering pine tree
has been accomplished and the wire antenna supports are relocated.

73,  John, K4BAI.