[SECC] IARU N4GG SO CW HP

Subject: [SECC] IARU N4GG SO CW HP
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:09:40 -0300
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: GA-USA
Operating Time (hrs): 13:11
Radios: SO2R

  160:   14             2        9
   80:   50            11       20
   40:  145            15       31
   20:  483            26       37
   15:  163            14       13
   10:   20             3        2
-------------------------------------

Everything was working great - except for a lack of focus on keeping the
BIC.
Had the station ready for 24 hours and got off to a great start, then backed
off to "as the spirit moves me."  "The spirit" moved me to take several 15
minute breaks, eat dinner with the family and go to bed at midnight.  Bad
spirit.

The bands sounded great.  14 is open 24 hours now - really nice to hear the
over-the-pole path back after sundown; including into northern EU.  Decent
antennas for 21 and 28 has been a back-burner project here for 4 years -
time
to get to it - the sunspots are back.  I managed 4 JA QSOs on 21 using the
80
meter inverted vee for an antenna - anything will be an improvement.  80 and
160 were very noisy with thunderstorms to the NE in the EU path.  The signal
strengths on 40, 80 and 160 were amazing.  The EU HQ stations on 160 were
well
over a lot the high QRN.  The out-west KL7 & KH6 IARU and ARRL stations were
LOUD here - easily worked on any band - nice job guys!

2X: FT-1000MP w/mods and INRAD; ACOM 2000A.
Home brew SO2R, WRITELOG, Wires in the woods, K9AY loop.