[SECC] Circle

Subject: [SECC] Circle
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 16:09:14 -0400
Hi Lee,

No, I have not received an answer.which is a little surprising given the
amount of effort that went into picking it.  If anyone can remember the
approximate timeframe, I can go back into the SECC reflector and try and
find it there.  It was sometime after I turned the Presidency over to
NQ4I, which would be around August 1, 2007.

If no one knows, I will try to guess it from the circle on the current
website, with an eye to keeping everybody currently in, still in.  Our
new website will have the coordinates listed.  I have a note into KX9X -
its possible Sean has the data.

This is more than idle curiosity.  We just added another new member who
appears to be on or near the line up around Charlotte.  In the welcome
notes - which you have started to see on the reflector but which are
also followed by ones via private email - I need to let new members know
if they are inside or outside our circle.  The secretary also needs this
to inform the ARRL eight times a year about who is eligible for the
eight ARRL contests that have affiliated club competitions.  To do this
well, I need everyone who entered a given contest to post their score
here - PLEASE!  Unfortunately, ARRL will not accept a simple roster as
an indication of who is elegible.

I am in the process of adding the latitude and longitude math into the
Excel spreadsheet that contains the roster, so in the future we will
have an instant answer to within a tenth of a mile of a station's
distance from the circle center..but before it can be used..we need a
center of course.

Anybody have the info??

I want to publicly thank Lee, WI4R, for turning over a very clean and
accurate roster.  Lee labored along nearly invisibly for the last two
years doing a first rate job - thanks Lee!!!!

73,
Hal N4GG