[SECC] Announcement, NCCC Practice Sessions

Subject: [SECC] Announcement, NCCC Practice Sessions
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:17:05 -0400
Hi gang:

Thanks for your input on what to do after the Ladder competition.
Starting next week, Aug. 21, we'll go to NO DUPES on 20, 40, 80m.  There
will be an NS on Thursday nights until the next Ladder starts, no breaks
for holidays.  The only exceptions are the Thursday before NASprint,
Sept 11, and CW SS, Nov. 6 UTC, when we'll have practices both Thur. and
Friday.  All other practices for  CQP, SS... will be on Fridays.  No
practice for 48 hour DX tests.

This week, Aug. 14, will feature a final blast for the DUPES OK
speedsters:  _20m only_, to practice the pure art of Sprinting, with the
usual Sprint QSY rules.  We had success in the single running of 20m
only, last summer - see the Aug. 22, 2008 listing in 3830 archives.
Then from Aug. 21 on, back to multiple bands to help us master SO2R and
band strategies.  160m will be added to the mix in late September.

The schedule will be posted on the NS website this week.  Nothing is
cast in stone, if we see a need to change something, we'll respond to
your input and change in participation.

If someone (K7SS, K0DXC......) wants to organize a Tuesday night DUPES
version, NSD, that's fine with me.  Don't know if Bruce is willing to
set up another entry page for each Tuesday.  I don't think we need a
schedule web page, just a weekly announcement using the same rules each
week.

Mike, what do you want to do with SNS, re dupes/no dupes?

CU on 20m this Thursday, N6RO