[SECC] Fw: CQ CQ CQ SECC

Subject: [SECC] Fw: CQ CQ CQ SECC
From: na4bw at bellsouth.net (Brian Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:04:42 -0400

           NEWS FLASH!

I am very excited to announce, that after several weeks of significant effort
by your 2009/2010 officers and our superb new webmaster, Chaz Cone W4GKF, the
NEW, IMPROVED and REFRESHED SECC web site is now up and running! We have even
tweaked the SECC logo.

My goal was to have a site that provided for 'one stop shopping' for the SECC
member and several excellent suggestions have been incorporated into the new
site.  My personal thanks to a great slate of officers for your valuable input
and an extra special thanks to Chaz who has done a tremendous job in getting
the site where it is today. Please take a look around -   secc.contesting.com
- and let me know what you think - good, bad or otherwise.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, for those that attended our annual meeting back in August, one of my
announced goals was to make available for purchase a good quality shirt for our
members that would leave no doubt as to your contest club affiliation. I am
pleased to announce that we have located a suitable vendor for this endeavor.
You will have the ability to order the shirt in all sizes. You can have your
name and call as well as the new SECC logo embroidered. The shirt prices will
vary based on the total club order, but expect to pay ~ $30 per shirt. Once we
have received all the names, calls and size information we can get the final
pricing locked down.

Your Vice President, Ralph Bates K1ZZI has volunteered to help me with
gathering your names and shirt sizes, so if you desire to purchase a shirt(s)
go ahead and email Ralph (not me!)  your information. And don't wait around.

We will use October 31, 2009 as the deadline to send Ralph your name, call and
shirt size infromation (that's  > 3  weeks from today) so PLEASE if you want
the shirt - get your information to Ralph before that date. Soon after October
31,2009 we will  firm the order pricing with the vendor, based on the total
club order, and advise your specific charge and instructions for payment. The
costs do vary a bit as the larger shirts 2X, 3X and 4X are a couple of $$ more
than the S -XL. You can view the shirt that will be ordered by clicking the
link below:

http://www.companycasuals.com/CompanyCasuals/b.jsp?id=126936&prodimage=imglib/catl/3800_CarolinaBlue_Model_Front.jpg&swatch=Carolina+Blue+%282XL%29&parentId=63705

It will be GREAT to see our club brethren at hamfests and other activities
wearing our new shirts. Make a statement and order 1 today.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for your attention and I hope that you have BIG plans for some of the
very best contests of the year that are right around the corner. If not - why
not?

The CQWW SSB begins 0000z October 24 (that's Friday evening October 23 - 8pm
local) and runs 48 hours. Also don't forget - the SECC wants the Gavel back in
2009. Make sure you have plans to operate the ARRL Sweepstakes this year and
not just a few hours - multiple hours or the full 24 because that is what it
will take for us to recapture the Gavel . The SECC won the gavel 2 years in a
row not too long ago and it's time bring it back where it belongs!.

Will your club be able to count on your participation? I promise I'll be in
there.

73's Brian NA4BW
President SECC 2009/2010