[SECC] Tuesday Night QRP Fox Hunt

Subject: [SECC] Tuesday Night QRP Fox Hunt
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:40:00 -0400
Hello all:

I will be one of the Foxes hiding from the Hounds on 80M Tuesday night.
Remember that it is 0100 to 0230 UTC.  I will be using an FT1000MP at 5
watts as measured on a WM-2 QRP watt meter.  Antennas are an inverted
vee with its apex at 50' and an 88' center fed zepp at 50'.  The
inverted vee seems to favor the west and the zepp favors the north east.
So, I'll be switching between the two.  I will be hiding somewhere
between 3550 and 3560 kHz.  Exchange is:  Real RST, GA, JOHN, 5W.

There may be some additional QRM (in addition to FISTS and traffic nets)
because the SKCC is having its monthly Sprint from 0000 to 0200
tonight.  They will be on all CW bands, so the activity will pick up on
80M toward 0200Z.  They are usually around 3550, so there will be some
QRM at least in the lower segment of our 20 kHz.  Just another type of
camouflage for the wiley Foxes.

Hope to work you all tomorrow night.  The other Fox is, of course, WC7S,
Dale, in WY, who has posted his own announcment.  73/72, John, K4BAI.