[SECC] Welcome to the SECC, N3TL

Subject: [SECC] Welcome to the SECC, N3TL
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:29:47 -0500
On behalf of our members far and wide I'd like to welcome Tim Lilley,
N3TL to the SECC - Welcome aboard Tim!  Tim originally hails from PA and
was happy to get his 3-land vanity call with his initials.  I ruled that
out quick Tim, having a last name starting with K means a call ending in
K - very NG on CW..

Tim was first licensed in 1983 as KA0QDS - the upgrade to N3TL was most
welcome.  Tim has a familiar story to many of us, maintaining his
license but being QRT from 1991 to 2007.  I took off 1986 to 1999
myself.  Satellite comm. Got Tim reinterested, and as we know one thing
leads to another - so he is now easing into HF contesting.

Tim has operated CQWW CW, ARRL 160M and also the MDXA PSK31/63 Death
match.  This is at least our third PSK-active contester in SECC - I may
have to give that mode a try.

Tim is a QRP fan and runs two FT-817s as well as an FT-857D.  Tim, you
will find an active contingent here in SECC on QRP.  Our president,
NA4BW, holds a contest record or two in the QRP category.  HF antennas
at N3TL consist mostly of a long, long-wire, but there are also lots of
satellite antennas for VHF/UHF.  The GA hills are great places to take a
shot at one of the VHF contests.

All scores are always welcome Tim, no matter how big or small.  Please
participate when you can and don't sweat the score.

Tim is located in Athens, well within the SECC circle - you are free to
contribute your scores as you can Tim in both ARRL and CQ contests.

73,
Hal, N4GG
Secretary

.