[SECC] Flex 3000???

Subject: [SECC] Flex 3000???
From: kd4lcr at gmail.com (Jeremy - KD4LCR)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:36:55 -0600
Mack,

I would love to stop by the shack and check it out in operation but we won't
be back out in that area for a few more weeks yet (god it is great to be
counting in weeks now).  So far I have watched every video on YouTube and
looked though the website thoroughly as my research on the rig and have been
impressed to the fullest with what I have seen -- with the filters and
everything else takes a $1500~ rig and makes it sound like a $5000 from what
I have seen. Main reason I am looking at one is I have a FT-897D that I am
using for the station right now and would like something that I can use for
S&P mode (while using the FT897 as my 'CQ' rig) and I think being able to
'see' the spectrum would make a world of difference as I am a visual type
person anyways.

Have you by chance used the radio with RTTY yet? I am drawn towards the
TTY/PSK contest and am curious how effective it has been with that task for
you if you have.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

N4JIK formerly KD4LCR/7J6CEM