[SECC] Announcement: MN QSO Party This Weekend

Subject: [SECC] Announcement: MN QSO Party This Weekend
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:59:51 -0500
Hello,

The 2010 Minnesota QSO Party is just a week away! This is the twelfth
year of sponsorship for the Minnesota Wireless Association and we expect
yet another strong turnout of activity. We look forward to having you
join us this year.

Please check out the MNQP home page for the latest information. Follow
the links to MNQP from:

http://www.w0aa.org/mnqp.htm

We should have at least ten mobiles traveling the state, and along with
fixed and portable stations, we expect 100 percent coverage of all 87
Minnesota counties. There are plenty of tools to assist in locating the
activity, including maps, spreadsheet tools, and APRS equipped mobiles.

There is a link to some of the free and available logging programs which
support MNQP also.

We are excited this year to have a first time MNQP mobile participant
designated as a Mobile GOTA (?Get on the Air?) station, equipped with
the assistance of some club members.

We have also encouraged through the Minnesota Emergency coordinator to
activate some stations around the state as an exercise for HF
preparedness, and also an opportunity to have some fun!

Please drop me an e-mail if you have any questions.

Mark your calendars and join the fun!

73's, Mark - WA0MHJ