[SECC] Few Thoughts for NAQP

Subject: [SECC] Few Thoughts for NAQP
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 07:43:40 -0400
On Aug 4, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Ralph K1ZZI wrote:

> <8-4-2010 12-19-09 AM.jpg>

I'm not sure why Ralph's message came through as a JPEG, but obviously, I can't
quote from it.

I wanted to second the idea that mults are very important. After spending a few
hours on a band, mults can become harder to come by, but go to a new band, and
mults are easy. You need to plan your operation to hit as many bands as you can
-- even if you don't have proper antennas.

I first got on 160m because of NAQP. My goal was to get a handful of mults by
tuning around for the strongest stations. I loaded up whatever I could.
Surprisingly, this worked pretty well.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901