[SECC] NAQP & N1MM ..... I Have Questions

Subject: [SECC] NAQP & N1MM ..... I Have Questions
From: W4NZ at comcast.net (Ted Bryant)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 12:54:56 -0400
1. My address was not correct.  I remember entering it when I first loaded
N1MM, but where can I edit it to make it right?

Start N1MM, go to Config->Change your station data

2. How do you put Soapbox stuff in the Cabrillo file in N1MM or do you have
to edit the file later to do that?

In N1MM, go to the contest setup window for the contest you want to comment
on (File->open log in database), in the bottom of that screen there is a
space for soapbox comments.  Anything typed here will appear in the cabrillo
annotated with "SOAPBOX:".

3. OFF TIME - I just stopped operating, but did not see any place where I
could designate "off time"  Is there such a place?  Or does N1MM just do
that for you?

It isn't necessary to specifically designate off times. It is pretty much a
universal practice by logchecking software to calculate off-times from the
time gap between QSO's in the cabrillo log. Just be sure that any time you
take meets the minimum off time requirement in the contest, 30 "clock
minutes" for the NAQP.

4. If you work a non-NA DX station do you put the country desig like DL in
or do you put DX or what.  I left my DL QSO blank and the log bounced so I
went back in and put DL in the mult box.  It worked and did not count as a
mult, but what is the right way to do that?

Yeah, N1MM leaves a blank in the state field in the cabrillo log for non-NA
DX.  Some robots will reject that.  You can  edit it and enter "DX" there.
That should satisfy the robot.

Thanks for the NA QSO!

73, Ted W4NZ

First of all.....Ralph you were so right about those multipliers.  I need to
figure out how to get more of them in NAQP.

But back to the real subject here.  This was my first Cabrillo file using
N1MM....

I can probably find these in the manual somewhere, but some of the other new
users of N1MM might have similar issues.

1. My address was not correct.  I remember entering it when I first loaded
N1MM, but where can I edit it to make it right?

2. How do you put Soapbox stuff in the Cabrillo file in N1MM or do you have
to edit the file later to do that?

3. OFF TIME - I just stopped operating, but did not see any place where I
could designate "off time"  Is there such a place?  Or does N1MM just do
that for you?

4. If you work a non-NA DX station do you put the country desig like DL in
or do you put DX or what.  I left my DL QSO blank and the log bounced so I
went back in and put DL in the mult box.  It worked and did not count as a
mult, but what is the right way to do that?

Thanks & 73 de Greg NM2L