[SECC] What do you want from your SECC Club? A hair brain scheme!

Subject: [SECC] What do you want from your SECC Club? A hair brain scheme!
From: gregpotter at charter.net (Greg Potter)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:08:13 -0400

Just an idea to toss around a little.

I was thinking about the Huntsville hamfest and the NAQP SSB contest being
on the same weekend when it occurred to me that this would have been a great
opportunity to get some folks fired up about contesting.  If we could borrow
a few pieces of equipment,  set up a good wire antenna system at the hamfest
and a "portable" contest station it might be a lot of fun.  One member could
sit with the contesters and guide them through what to do and actually be
the control operator.  We could have prizes for Novice, Technician, General
etc. ......Each contestant gets 20 minutes at the rig or x minutes.  It
would be some work and we might want to team up with the ACG.  The biggest
prizes would be for the Novice, Tech, General "beginner" class.   There
would be a lot of details to work out and it would not work this year
because it is too close to plan now.   Maybe we don't keep score, but you
have to operate the station for 20 minutes to be eligible for the drawing so
we separate the $ from the operating.

Just my 2 cents.  It could be fun though.  The NAQP SSB would have been
perfect with wires.

73 de Greg NM2L, Sugar Hill, GA