[SECC] KB4KBS... THE REST OF THE STORY

Subject: [SECC] KB4KBS... THE REST OF THE STORY
From: scottstraw at mindspring.com (Scott Straw)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 19:44:44 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I realize that only making 12 contacts each in the two RTTY contests looks
pretty slack, but in addition to the P/S issues, I had a random recurring BSoD
(Blue Screen of Death) problem that I ultimately determined was caused by my
USB-to-Serial device driver.

About 90 minutes into the 4 hour NA Sprint "hot-potato toss", I got another
BSoD.  Since I had to wait for the 10-year-old CPU to re-boot, I decided to
take the opportunity to reload the driver.

At some point in the process I came downstairs and saw the LSU-UF football game
was in its waning minutes and lingered to watch that struggle resolve in
dramatic fashion.

By the time I got the N1MM program up and running again, it was only thirty
minutes to contest conclusion.  I piddled around on 40M for those few minutes
and then pulled the plug.

Still lots of things on the to-do list for the station, but I'll keep posting
scores as I'm able.

Scott, KB4KBS

Scott Straw, CTS-D, CTS-I
AVI-SPL