[SECC] CQWW SSB FRUSTRATING!

Subject: [SECC] CQWW SSB FRUSTRATING!
From: w8ji at w8ji.com (Tom W8JI)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 08:27:49 -0400
>I don't know if anyone else is having a hell of a time, but I have a total
> of 1 contact logged right now and have been calling since 2000. This is
> defiantly one of those your not going to get anything short of running a
> kw.
> My little 100 watts isn't cutting it..

I would expect not at the start of a major DX contest!!! You will do a whole
lot better towards the end of the contest or during slow times.

Right now people wanting a high rate always answer the top layer. That will
continue until the stronger layers evaporate as the DX works through the
louder stations, and eventually the lower layers form.

We also have to consider the antennas we are using, and who we are calling.
There can be an additional 20 dB or more just from antennas and signal path.
The hundred watts is bad enough, but other things can mean more than that.

73 Tom