[SECC] GQP updates

Subject: [SECC] GQP updates
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:35:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Folks,
Ralph?sent a nice reminder.? Thanks Ralph.

I have a bit to catch up on so here?goes.

Mike, K4PI has?sent his 1962 GQP log and a copy of the original certificate
signed by Rusty.
K4PI was K4TBN then, and was 2nd in Elbert County.?
He claims that the 1st place went?to?a bigger station, and also he was just a
teenager.? (as many of us were)
The certificate was sponsored by the Columbus ARC Inc.? It also has a notary
impression or?a?seal like one.
Rusty signed the cert as K4BVD, and it was dated September 5, 1962.? Not a bad
turnover time before much computer help, not bad at all.
Mike's package of info is greatly appreciated.
I will now have Mike, John and Rusty's logs for help with the?Party Pioneers
recognition.

I did respond to Chuck, AK4CP,?and others directly on the question of Aero
Mobile operation, Scott also put a blurb out here.
Yes, It is a great idea, and as long as the counties can be reasonably
identified, it should be a first for us.

Jeff, NY4N, has to stay home this year, family events prevail.
I do want to thank Jeff and Becky for the many rover runs for GQP.

Greg, NM2L, Scott, KB4KBS, and I will be trying to make routes to cover what is
open in the next week or so.
I have a nice route for KC4YBO, Steve, to post tonight, covering some NE GA
counties.
Gordon county will be covered by K4WM, and has been colored in.

The 1x1 GEORGIA award is in very good shape, it is going to be a blast.

We are in the home stretch.? Anyone who can report their county activity should
do it now please.
Send in your plans....? If I do not respond, send it again, there may have been
an email glitch.

73, Mike

Rover Tip #3:? Batteries... those gizmoes that need AAA's, AA's, or 9V's...?
Check them and be ready.
Home stations can use this one too.

?Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 50th Anniversary is 2011, April 9, 10th, Join the party.
Send me your Georgia Party county coverage plans to
listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org
See gqp.contesting.com for news and rules