[SECC] CQ WPX - KT4ZB SO(A)AB(TS) LP

Subject: [SECC] CQ WPX - KT4ZB SO(A)AB(TS) LP
From: Kt4zb at aol.com (Kt4zb at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 22:34:12 -0400 (EDT)

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call:  KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SO(A)AB(TS)  LP
QTH: Savannah
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
160:
80:   61
40:  103
20:   436
15:  344
10:   154
------------
Total: 1098  Prefixes = 620  Total Score =  1,784,980

My  strategy for this contest was to have fun, then more fun and then more
fun. How  else can you plan for a contest that pits everyone in the world
against each  other with such a wide range of equipment, antennas and power?
Low power  guys (and gals) have to be nimble and quick.   That said - WOW!
My ears are still ringing...15m was Hot.  I have never worked Japan, PRC,
Taiwan, Indonesia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand and the
Philippines  all in the same contest... 100 watts or not.

The low  bands just didn't give much.  East coast storms made 80 noisy and
there
wasn't any interest it seemed for running stateside for mults or  points.
40m was no place for low power and my 100w seemed extra  puny.  Almost never
worked PJ2T, yet easy into Australia.  40m to Eu  was unavailable until the
second night.  20m was really good on Saturday,  but dragged on Sunday.
Could not get anybody stateside to play until late  Sunday afternoon; my
stateside prefix count has to be minimal.  15M was  absolutely incredible and
everyone will have their favorite stories.   Working the Philippines during a
contest was a first for the station.  10m  was very good; but, no Eu except
for SV and EA.  10m  was definitely better during ARRL DX.

Station worked great all weekend  and might have added a few more except
for having to shutdown for a lighting  storm late Sunday afternoon.  WPX is
probably my favorite contest and the  score is a best for this station.
Thanks to everyone for the contacts and  working to get my exchange.  Lots of
QRM
and I know there will be busted  contacts.  Also, thanks to CQ and the
contest committee for all their  work.

Best - Jere

FT 1000mp Field, TH6-DXX, dipoles in the trees  and N1MM.