[SECC] Day 1

Subject: [SECC] Day 1
From: gregpotter at charter.net (Greg Potter)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 06:27:49 -0400

Things went pretty well.  I went driverless yesterday.  Today I have a
driver for the first time ever.  K4DI will be chauefering me around.  Missed
a few counties on the end of the run because I lost some time.  We will pick
them up today I hope Ogle, Madi, Clarke, Barrow.  Hopefully someone already
ran them.

Strange occurrence in Hart County on an old back road that will remain
un-named,  I encountered some folks that were very very nice, but appeared
not to like me parked on their road at 10 p.m. in the evening with a huge
antenna on the back of the truck.  I have no idea who they were.  I should
have asked I guess, but they never said I could not be where I was. They
just asked a lot of conversational friendly questions in a really smooth
manner.  I really don't want to know who these folks were. I could have made
a big stink about it, but they were very nice and getting confrontational
could have ruined the remainder of my route!

I am thinking I was parked too closer from some VIP house or something.
Finished my run on 40 meters and moved on.  I am not a conspircay theorist,
but it was really strange.  My "amateur radio" explanation was accepted, but
when I got home someone had called my house to confirm who and where I was.

Spooky dudes.

73 de Greg NM2L