[SECC] K4O -- WF4W op (with "Murphy" as a special guest op) GQP score

Subject: [SECC] K4O -- WF4W op (with "Murphy" as a special guest op) GQP score
From: ironbutttad at yahoo.com (Tad Williamson)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
Georgia QSO Party

Call: K4O
Operator(s): WF4W
Station: WF4W

Class: Single OpCW LP
QTH: Jenkins County
Operating Time (hrs): 14

? 160:? ? ? 0? ? ???0
???80:? ???72? ? ???0
???40:? ? 170? ? ???0
???20:? ? 185? ? ???0
???15:? ???18? ? ???0
???10:? ? ? 0? ? ???0
? ? 6:? ? ? 0? ? ???0
------------------------
Total:? ? 445? ? ???0? CW-Dig Mults = 50? Ph Mults = 0? Total Score = 45,390

I missed about 6 hours total taking my radio apart and putting it back together.
Seems there is a connection problem on some of the earlier K3's that causes the
issue.? It's Monday and I have a fix, but it was too late for the QSO party.? I
got in a few hours to start at 100 watts, but after trying a couple of the
fixes I found online, I ended up only running 12 watts for the rest of the
time.? I was using an off-center-fed dipole for 160-10 with the apex up about
90 feet and the ends sloping down.? Aside from the power issue, the K3
performed fine.? I still managed 445 Q's and worked the west coast and several
EU stations only running 12 watts.? As always, I had a blast and thanks to all
the stations that heard my peanut whistle and worked me.
I did manage to snag enough of the 1X1 special calls to spell G-E-O-R-G-I-A and
qualify for the special certificate.
73, Tad, K4O -- WF4W

"What a long, strange trip it's been"
?