[SECC] Need advice on car laptop DC-DC converter

Subject: [SECC] Need advice on car laptop DC-DC converter
From: kc4hw at centurytel.net (KC4HW/Jim)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 15:22:15 -0500
On 30 May 2011 at 15:34, Greg Potter wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Just FYI ...
>
> One of my super technical County Hunting buddies (W0QE) did a lot of research
> and
> recommneds a Cotek S300-112 inverter for mobile use. He used it extensively
> in his mobile. The
> reports are that they are very quiet.
>
> Regards,
> Greg NM2L
> Sugar Hill, GA

I found this one at the following link.  It is $241.79 plus shipping.
http://www.psui.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?defaction=search&;
keywords=Cotek+and+S300&x=0&y=0

Here was one for $180 but it was out of stock currently.
http://www.skingcompany.com/300_Watt_Inverters-S300-
112_Samlex_America_Cotek_12V_300_Watt_Pure_Si-P445.aspx

OK, here is another one for $189 in stock:
http://www.invertersrus.com/s300-112.html

Well they keep coming... this comapny is in Dayton, OH for $183.99
http://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/SA-300-112

OK, I will stop here.  But certainly looks like there are options.

This is cheaper than those I have seen in the past, If you were doing a
lot of mobile operating or computing.  This might be the ticket!!!

John, if you get one, please let us know how it does?

Jim/KC4HW