[SECC] Apologizing

Subject: [SECC] Apologizing
From: bob at n4yt.com (Bob - N4YT)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:14:05 -0400
It is a shame that it has come to this. It all started when Rick voiced his
opinion on a matter of importance to him and many contesters alike. Then began
the discussions many supported by facts and some based on personal beliefs. All
of them seemingly of opposite views as it was stated earlier. I believe Rick
has the right to express his concerns just as the rest of us do, but even
though it was never directly stated it was implied that the operators were
inferior to those of another station was a low blow which I am sure was not
intentional. I wonder if one were to "level the playing field" how the
operators would compare then. We do this because we enjoy it and want to win. I
would be honored to have the opportunity to work from NQ4I, many of us don't
have the superstations like the ones that have been named before. So does that
make us any less of an operator? It all comes down to opinions either agree
with it or disagree but state your case and move on. By dragging operators and
clubs through the mud will not solve anything. I personally support Rick and
his views on the matter and when the time comes be it a vote or letter I will
do so.
If we all remember long ago a group set sail for a new land in hopes of change
against the advice of many. Well right now Rick is doing that very thing in
something he believes in so you can either get on the boat or stay home.
Sail on Captain
73
Bob-N4YT