[SECC] New insurance underwriting perils towers

Subject: [SECC] New insurance underwriting perils towers
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 18:15:12 -0400
I am having to fix up a few things to not have my homeowners cancelled.  I
spoke with MS. Arnold  in the Georgia Insurance Commissioners Office She
handles homeowners in the Dept of consumer services.

She told me many in GA were getting notices to fix up or have their
insurance cancelled.  I told her what they wanted and she said that most of
my points were minor.  I am having the repair work done and am getting
estimates for mud jacking the front porch.  However, be warned that the new
underwriting looks at the following as "high risk."

1.  Trees that can fall on the house.
2.   Ladders left up even if you have a fenced               yard. Even if
you or someone is working on           repairs.
3.   A tower on your property.  Mine is next to the        house so I am put
in the highest risk.

Too many risk points and you lose the insurance.

Dave K4JRB