[SECC] Announcement: RSGB IOTA Contest Next Weekend

Subject: [SECC] Announcement: RSGB IOTA Contest Next Weekend
From: k4bai at att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 09:22:26 -0400
his year???s IOTA Contest will take place, as always, over the weekend of 30/31
July, 1200 to 1200 UTC. Full rules, unchanged since last year, can be found
at:http://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/rules/2011/riota.shtml  This page also contains a
link to a ???Help for Newcomers??? page.

We hope to see many old and new participants in this year???s contest.  The
first three in most categories will receive a certificate, and there is a wide
range of trophies available. See last year???s trophy winners
at:http://iotacontest.com/contest/iota/2010/trophyWinners.html  UK stations
should also note that there is a new trophy this year, sponsored by CDXC
(Chiltern DX Club) in memory of Henry Lewis G3GIQ, who was always a staunch
supporter of IOTA.  The trophy is for the leading UK 24-hour SSB, single-op, to
match the trophies already available for 12- and 24-hour CW and 12-hour SSB. We
do hope that many UK operators will enter this category, with a view to winning
this prestigious new trophy.

All the major logging programs support the contest. If you don???t have
anything suitable, try SDI by EI5DI, available for free download
athttp://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/sd.shtml

Finally, we would ask all entrants to respect the contest bandplans, which aim
to create space for others wanting to use the bands over the contest weekend.
Penalties will be applied for non-compliance.

If you have any questions, please address them toiotacontest at rsgbcc.org
Logs should go toiota.logs at rsgbcc.org  If you do not receive a reply from
the robot, then your log has NOT been received ??? please try again.

73, CU in the contest
Don G3XTT (Contest Manager), Jim MM0BQI (adjudication and certificates), Marios
G0WWW/5B4WN (software), John G3LZQ (trophies)