[SECC] Claimed Score for WAE SSB W1BO Single Op HP

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Score for WAE SSB W1BO Single Op HP
From: n4jik1 at gmail.com (Jeremy - W1BO)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 12:13:50 -0400
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1BO
Operator(s): W1BO
Station: W1BO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   5     0     16
   40:  11    14     27
   20:  26    26     24
   15:   0     0      0
   10:   0     0      0
-------------------------
Total:  82    40     67  Total Score = 5,494

FT-950/Windom-MA5B-Dipole = What horrible conditions! I fought many hours
trying to make contacts and finally just gave up several times when the
conditions were so bad that I just didn't know what else to do. To make
matters worse my trusty Windom decided that it was time to take a dump on me
since I apparently failed to do a sufficient job of waterproofing a the
choke at the bottom of it so I ended up with a super SWR all of a sudden and
broke out the analyzers and started going to work and was able to identify
the issue was at the choke - it melted everything! But the great news is a
quick Air Coil choke in place and I was back on the air - ironically the SWR
shifted a bit closer to where I wanted them -- Just FYI if anyone runs a MFJ
Choke watch it they shift your SWR a bit to the right.

I had planned on making 15 meters my band of choice this round and even had
a new dipole in the air waiting for 15 to materialize but she never did.
Hope everyone has a great day and good luck with the rest of the contest.

Jeremy
W1BO

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/