[SECC] Announcement: NA Sprint SSB This Saturday Night

Subject: [SECC] Announcement: NA Sprint SSB This Saturday Night
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:23:29 -0400
See the message below sent to CW Sprinters by the president of NCCC.
Earlier in the week, I posted a similar message from W9RE, Mike.  Maybe
there will be more participation this Saturday night than there has
been.  I'd like to be able to register at least one SECC team.  Remember
that you don't have to be a SECC member of within a circle to be on a
team, so you can invite your friends.

At this time, I have:  K4BAI, W4AN by W1BO, K0EJ, KU8E, and NA4BW.  I
need five more for one full 10-person team.

73, John, K4BAI.

My fellow sprinters and cw operators-

I wanted to take a moment to make an appeal for you to consider setting
your paddles aside for 4 hours, and getting on the air for SSB sprint
this weekend.  This contest is showing an unfortunate trend of rapid
decline in participation, and there is a genuine concern from many in
the community that this contest will not be able to continue if the
pattern stays consistent.

Many on this reflector are experienced sprinters, and even in SSB, its
still a sprint.   Its still fast paced and fun, and doesn?t require a
huge time investment.  If you are NCCC, please contact our team
organizer and get signed up.  If you are in other parts of the country,
please plan on being qrv this weekend, perhaps approach a SWACC team or
other local team organization.

I hope to see increased numbers of sprinters on the NA sprint SSB this
weekend.  The more of us that get on the air, the more fun it will be.

Thanks for the bandwidth and 73

Chris

N6WM

President