[SECC] Announcement, SNS Tonight

Subject: [SECC] Announcement, SNS Tonight
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:11:40 -0400
Note that SNS this week doesn't seem to include 15M, contrary to my
summary sent yesterday.

****Announcing the NCCC's (Northern California Contest Club) weekly
Thursday night running of the SNS , The cw sprint for the rest of us! ****

  The SNS Has its own web site!

Check it at  http://www.ncccsprint.com/sns.html

Please wait just a split second on jump balls ("sprinter " talk for
several stations answering a CQ).  Please be aware of the fact that
there are stations just getting acclimated to sprinting, and can be
easily intimidated so keep a sharp friendly ear, and maybe let a station
inheriting a frequency throw out a cq prior to calling them.

Please keep your speed to between 18 to 26  WPM.  Stations running on
the higher side of this please QRS for some of the slower operators.
Remember we are trying to welcome new sprinters to our ranks!

We will be preceding the standard NS this week, and a big welcome to
Tom, N3ZZ who will be spearheading activity for that contest  with a 10
minute break prior.  The Slow Speed NS is from  1900-1920 PDST Thursday
night  ( 0200z to 0220z  UTC  Friday) now that the ladder is complete,
we can loosen our belts a bit so if you want to go a bit beyond 1920 go
for it.  With CQP coming up this weekend, it would be great to hear some
of those 1 X 1 calls out there, or some of the county expeditions
jumping in for a warmup!

Expect some co-ordination with N3ZZ on the regular NS on fun and
interesting ways to keep Thursday night contesting interesting,
including 1 hour extravaganza's!  coming soon!

Frequencies:
20 m      14037-14043
40 m      7040-7047
80 m      3537-3543
  its a bit early for 160, so lets not go there for now.

POWER: 100 watt limit.

If you don't hear a CQ, send a CQ and don't worry about the couplet
since this is only practice and hopefully an introduction to sprints for
newbies.  Stations might answer a CQ more likely than call CQ
themselves.  With that said remember that newbies are listening to get
up the nerve to jump in so don't hesitate to make Q's.

The SNS, NS and NS Ladder and the NCCC/NS Net on 3610 immediately
following at 0300 that will continue to be hosted by Ken N6RO are all
part of the "Thursday night contesting" experience sponsored by the
Northern California Contest Club!

Sites to help everyone for sprint contests.

NS home website is:
http://www.ncccsprint.com/
http://www.contesting.com/articles/198
http://n6tr.jzap.com/sprint.html

Need help with your logging software, macros, etc.? Feel free to drop me
an email and we will do our best to assist!

73 es GL  and above all, enjoy and have fun!

  more exciting changes to come in the near future!  We are working on
it so stay tuned!

Chris
N6WM
Contest Director, Slow NCCC Sprint

President, NCCC  2011-2012 Contest Season