[SECC] GQP Certificate Thanks Message

Subject: [SECC] GQP Certificate Thanks Message
From: k4bai at att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:17:52 -0400
Here is a message of thanks from one of our GQP "Pioneers" for the
certificate commemorating his participation in the lst GQP in 1962 and
the 50th in 2011.  Incidentally, Jim, K4QPL, who is a lawyer in Raleigh,
NC, was my college roommate at Mercer in the early 1960s.  73, John, K4BAI.

Hi John,
What a GREAT "Party Pioneer" certificate! That's really impressive and
will have pride of place on my wall as well as a "Show and Tell" at the
next PVRC meeting. Thanks for being a great friend, motivator and
contesting "Elmer" to me from 1960 until now. Thanks also to SEDX and
SECC for sponsorship.
Can you also send me Rusty's email address. I'd like to thank him also.
Haven't been on much. We were at the beach Fri-Monday and have either
been busy or asleep on some other nights at 0200. The wireless card in
my shack computer failed. Instead of replacing it I got a CISCO wireless
bridge that makes the wireless connection so a regular PC or anything
else that can connect to a wired LAN network can connect at a distance
without it's own wireless capabililty. It's great and much faster than
regular wireless.  I can even take my office extension phone to the
shack. One of these days that's going to be useful!
May get on this evening.
73,
Jim