[SECC] CQWW DX Single Op, High Power, Assisted KE4UW

Subject: [SECC] CQWW DX Single Op, High Power, Assisted KE4UW
From: davemoss at mindspring.com (Dave Moss)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 22:44:03 -0400
Call: KE4UW

Operator(s): KE4UW

Station: KE4UW

Class: SOAB(A) HP

QTH:

Operating Time (hrs): 30

Band  QSOs  Zones  Countries

------------------------------

  160:    0     0        0

   80:   87    16       39

   40:  158    22       75

   20:  291    36      108

   15:  361    30      113

   10:  347    31      108

------------------------------

Living in a neighborhood with covenants I haven't had access to a beam for a

contest in 10 years.  But this year I used the AB-621 mast usually used for

Field Day and put up and Explorer 14 at 40 feet and had a blast!

The original goal was to make 1000 Q's and work 100 countries on 10-40.
With

time to spare, I had the 1000 Q's and 100+ worked on 10, 15, and 20, but I
never

quite made it on 40.  I was having too much fun on 10/15/20 with the beam,
and

had to take down the bobtail curtain for 40 to put up the beam, so 40
suffered a

bit.  I also had to take time out for things like carving pumpkins with the

grandkids, but all in all it was really fun time.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/