[SECC] CQWW SSB

Subject: [SECC] CQWW SSB
From: k4dli at earthlink.net (Jim Streible)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:26:53 -0400
Operator Category : SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED
              Band : ALL
             Power : HIGH
              Mode : SSB

Name : Jim Streible
ARRL Section : GA
         Club/Team : South East Contest Club
          Software : N1MM Logger V11.10.3

         Band    QSOs    Pts  DXC   Zn
            7          40       114   10      32
           14         79       222   12      55
           21         60       154   16      39
           28       105       286   22      43
        Total       284       776   60    169
        Total Time On 09:17

             Score : 177,704
               Rig : Flex 5000A and ic-746PRO

          Antennas : SteppIR 4-Element

           Soapbox : 10-meters lives!!!  Haven't seen this much on 10 in
a long time.
                             Got a late start. Was breaking in a new
radio, Flex 5000A, and had problems
                             getting N1MM to talk to the it ,so, I
started with the IC-746PRO and worked for
                             awhile. Spent a lot of time Saturday
getting the N1MM thing straightened out.
                             Then ran with the Flex Saturday and most of
Sunday afternoon until a couple of
                             weird things started up so, I finished with
the IC-746PRO. Really thought, I think the
                             Flex is great, I could hear things in 10
that were really in the noise. Has a steep
                             learning curve so don't do as I did and
start a contest weekend with a new--not
                             totally setup--radio.