[SECC] SS CW AA4GA Single Op QRP

Subject: [SECC] SS CW AA4GA Single Op QRP
From: lee.hiers at gmail.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 22:20:34 -0500
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AA4GA
Class: Single Op QRP
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
? 80: ?123
? 40: ?133
? 20: ?134
? 15: ? 20
? 10: ? 13
------------
Total: ?493 ?Sections = 78 ?Total Score = 76,908

CW SS is probably my favorite contest - this was my first time to
operate QRP...I have lots of room for improvement!

FT817ND at 5w to 80m doublet, 30m delta loop, Par End Fedz 10/20/40
(sloper).  I got finished putting up the 80m doublet about 15 minutes
before the contest started - I was happy with the way it worked,
especially on 80m.  The antenna is fairly flat, with the feedpoint up
about 45 or 50 feet or so.

It was nice to have different antennas to switch between again - fun
to watch propagation move around.  On 40, say, sometimes the sloper
would be better, sometimes the doublet - to the same location at about
the same time.

Probably chasing QRP countries for CQWWCW...and sleeping off turkey!

73 de Lee
--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
www.aa4ga.com