[SECC] KU8E - WPX RTTY

Subject: [SECC] KU8E - WPX RTTY
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (Jeff Clarke)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:48:09 -0500
Just played around a little trying to get my Rig Blaster  interfaces to work
on RTTY. They work fine on AFSK but I want to switch to FSK.

20 QSO's - 41 points - 19 prefixes = 779 points  SOLP

I know there are a bunch of RTTY contesters on the reflector. Can someone
help out with information on following :

1)      Hook up my Rig Blaster Pro to key FSK to a FT1000MP. I know how to
do AFSK but would like to switch to FSK so I can use the filtering in radio.
There is a phono plug with FSK out on the Rig Blaster and a 4 pin DIN plug
for FSK on the FT1000MP. How should the DIN plug be wired ?

2)       I also have the Rig Blaster Plug and Play that I use on my
IC756PRO. I understand it's designed to do AFSK. There is a mention on
AA5AU's web page that you can run it FSK with it by using EFSK setting in
MMTTYY/N1MM. I downloaded the DLL file for EFSK and followed the directions
for the settings. I tried it in the RTTY mode on the radio  just sends a
carrier.. No diddles.

Thanks, Jeff KU8E